My #1 Tip For Playing Sims 2

By Cantarella - 02:01:00

This is my #1 tip for anyone playing Sims 2, especially if you're playing it properly.

1. Buy a security system and a fire alarm.

There's no even bloody option to beat up the burglar and so unless you have a phone or an alarm the police won't be notified and they will get away. Even if you ring the police there is no guarantee they will be able to apprehend the thief. Because of the gameplay you cannot wall off the thief nor suddenly purchase a security system (same with the fire alarm) during the emergency as 'Buy Mode' and 'Build Mode' are switched off and inaccessible (this can be changed with cheats but that's Non-Vanilla).


So my Sims are poor and without the things they earned... because I didn't put in a security alarm. I bought back the items before I took the picture but the burglar stole: the bookshelf, one of the dining room chairs, the chess table and one of it's chairs, the easel and the TV. Notice the simoleon difference between the two pictures?


And then there's the fire. I'm actually not sure whether or not the fire can destroy items like in Sims 3 but I do know that it spreads and can stress your Sim out to the point they may die (I had a pregnant Sim die this way... it was not a good day). Sometimes it's a little difficult to make your Sim stop freaking out and just put the damn fire out. Save time and stress: put in a fire alarm.





Happy Simming!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments